I have seen this clever idea of making Balloon Chocolate Bowls floating around. I have always wanted to try it but my little chefs don’t eat chocolate so I never had the opportunity. I was so excited to see that one of my Mini Chef Mondays friends from Giggles Gobbles and Gulps created them with her little chefs. It looks like such a fun activity and creative way to serve a treat.
They started by melting chocolate candy and blowing small balloons. Another great tip is to drop a small amount of chocolate on a cookie sheet to act as the base of the bowl once it dries. Then dip the bottom part balloon in the chocolate once it has cooled a bit. If the chocolate is too hot, the balloon will pop.
Pop the balloon after allowing the chocolate to dry for about 5-10 minutes.
After peeling away the popped balloon from the chocolate bowls, you now have a fun new edible bowl for your favorite treats. Try adding fresh berries and powdered sugar as shared by our friends. Click here for more details and the full recipe.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started and how to link up!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate, link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Parmesan Chicken Nugget Dip // Courtney’s Sweets
- Picnic Perfect Banana Pudding // Momma Lew
- Refreshing Blueberry Fruit Smoothie // Baby Loving Mama
- Raspberry Sticky Buns Recipe // We’re Parents
- Macarons: Step by Step // Frugal Novice
- Butternut Squash Latke Recipe // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Balloon Chocolate Bowls with Fresh Berries // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Pull Apart BBQ Chicken Sliders // Step Stool Chef
- Mexican Mini Lasagnas // Vegging at the Shore
- Color Your Own Cookies // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Mixed Fruit Challah Bread // O’Boy! Organic
- Carter’s Apple Crumble // Can’t Google Everything