Ok… I admit it. Since entering the blog world, I’ve begin to have a bit of a blog crush on a few food sites out there. They make amazing dishes that are quite delicious and approachable to make. One of them is Table for Two. So when I came across this great Broccoli, Rice and Chicken Casserole recipe, I knew my little chef would be just as excited as I was to give it a try.
We kept the basics of the recipe the same with a few minor tweaks: 3 Chicken breast fillets (cut into cubes), 1½ cup of broccoli florets, 2 cups of Whole Milk, 2 cups of triple cheddar cheese, 1 cup of instant rice, 1 can of cream of chicken, and salt & pepper to taste.
SOUS CHEF MOMMY TIP:Wash hands, kitchen work surfaces, cutting boards and utensils thoroughly immediately after they have been in contact with raw poultry. Hands should be washed before handling food and between handling different food items.
- 3 chicken breast fillets (cut into cubes)
- 1½ cup frozen broccoli florets (thawed)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 can cream of chicken
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Add all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour the ingredients into the casserole dish and bake for 40-50 minutes or when the rice and chicken are done cooking. Cooking times may vary.
- The original recipe highly suggests to use instant rice. We agree with recommendation as it worked best for us.