Mother’s Day is almost here!
I simply love Mother’s Day. It’s the one day of the year I allow myself to let go of mom guilt and give myself permission to be treated and pampered. Let’s make it easy for our family to give us what we really want… A Day Off!
We partnered with our friends at Johnsonville to share how easy and convenient it can be for kids to make a delicious breakfast for mom. Johnsonville believes in bringing the family together through food, but the meal doesn’t have to be complicated.
The ingredients for this recipe are simple: French Bread slices, Eggs and Johnsonville Fully Cooked Sausage Patties. Available in both Original and Turkey varieties, these breakfast sausage patties have all the big, bold flavors of Johnsonville without the fuss.
First, place slices of french bread on a cookie sheet in a preheated oven at 375 degrees. Be sure to add cooking spray to the cookie sheet as well as lightly brush olive oil on the bread slices.
Next, cook the sausage while the bread is in the oven. Cooking the sausage on the stove top was simple and quick… just heat it for 7-9 minutes and it’s done. The toasted bread slices should be done by now so remember to remove it from the oven.
Then it’s time to make the scrambled eggs. Making scrambled is always a fun treat for kids. Plus, it really simple.
To make scrambled eggs, start by cracking eggs in a small bowl then add salt, pepper & milk and beat until fully blended. Add cooking spray to a skillet then pour in the egg mixture. Carefully watch the eggs and wait until the edges and bottom gets slightly firm. With a silicone spatula or wooden spoon, push the edges of the firm eggs toward the middle of the pan. Keep pushing and flipping the firm parts of the eggs until all the liquid parts are gone. Place your fluffy cooked eggs in a bowl.
To create the breakfast stack, place the sausage the toasted bread slices then spoon the scrambled eggs on top. It’s that easy!
Happy Mother’s Day from The Step Stool Chef &
Sous Chef Mommy!
- 4 Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Original Recipe or Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 4 slices of French Bread
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 cup of milk
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Olive Oil & Olive OIl Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly brush olive oil on both sides of the french bread and place on cooking spray and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Cook sausage according to package directions then set aside.
- Crack eggs in a small bowl then add salt, pepper and milk. Lightly whisk beat the eggs until blended.
- Spray a skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Then pour the egg mixture in the heated pan. As the edges and bottom of the eggs get firm, push the edges toward the middle. Continue to push and flip the firm parts of the eggs until no liquid parts remain. Place cooked eggs in a bowl.
- Place the sausage on the toasted bread then spoon eggs on top.
- Feel free to add other fun foods to top of the stack like a strawberry, tomato or sliced avocado. Enjoy!