I am so happy we found this fun, easy recipe for Peppermint Popcorn Balls. It was a perfect treat for a holiday party or an edible gift for teachers and caretakers. Plus, my little chef had such ooey gooey fun making them.
Set aside the crushed peppermint. Then in a saucepan add melt the butter and marshmallows over medium-high heat and stir until creamy & smooth. Add the crushed peppermint, peppermint extract and food coloring (optional) until well blended.
- 1 bag of popcorn
- 6 full size candy canes or sticks
- 3 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- cooking spray
- pink food coloring (optional)
- Pop the popcorn using your favorite method (air popped, microwave or stovetop)
- Crush the candy canes and set aside
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add marshmallows to melted butter and stir constantly until mixture is smooth
- Quickly stir candy canes, peppermint extract and food coloring (optional) into butter mixture until well blended. Pour mixture over popcorn and mix until evenly coated. Allow popcorn mixture to cool.
- Spray hands with cooking spray and form popcorn mixture into balls. Place and arrange formed balls on parchment paper. Wrap each ball with plastic wrap when completely cooled.
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- White Hot Chocolate Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- French Toast Casserole // Momma Lew
- Raspberry Coconut Coffee Cake // Baby Loving Mama
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Funnel Cake Recipe // We’re Parents
- Three Ingredient Fudge // Frugal Novice
- No Bake Yule Log Cake Recipe // Eating Richly
- Rice Krispie Christmas Wreaths // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Peppermint Popcorn Balls // Step Stool Chef
- Pineapple and Zucchini Cupcakes // Vegging at the Shore
- Turkey & Hummus Pinwheels // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Easy Kid Approved Breakfast Quesadillas // O’Boy! Organic
- Christmas Tree Jello // Can’t Google Everything