It’s Mini Chef Monday and I’m so excited to share this funny treat from Rachel on her blog, Can’t Google Everything. Just in time for Hanukkah, her adorable mini chef made Gelt Cookies that was served with a dinner of brisket and latkes to celebrate the lighting of the first candle.
There are many traditions as part of the celebration of Hanukkah including lighting the menorah, playing dreidel, eating latkes and giving children gelt, or money. Gelt is the real money or chocolate coins that children receive on Hanukkah and may also be used to play the dreidel game. Gelt cookies are fun and easy to make for kids of all ages.
Rachel suggests using store bought cookies to make it easier for kids. She used simple powdered sugar and milk to make the icing. You may have to help your littlest chefs with this part to make sure that they don’t put all the icing on just one cookie.
Next, they decorated the iced cookies with these beautiful gold and white sprinkles. Once the icing dries, you can store for later or enjoy right then. What a wonderful way to begin the Hanukkah celebration with your family! For the recipe and more details, visit our friends at Can’t Google Everything.
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Christmas Tree Holiday Brownies // Courtney’s Sweets
- Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments // Momma Lew
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls // Baby Loving Mama
- Christmas Inspired Rice Krispie Treats // We’re Parents
- Creamy & Crunchy Chicken Crescents // Frugal Novice
- Asian Pork Belly Bean Soup Recipe // Eating Richly
- Grinch Green Hot Chocolate // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Pizza Burger Sliders // Step Stool Chef
- Cheese Blintzes with Strawberry Sauce Like Your Grandmother Made // Vegging at the Shore
- Gourmet Potatoes // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Gingerbread Pancakes // O’Boy! Organic
- Hanukkah Gelt Cookies! // Can’t Google Everything